The most relaxing massage you can ever get in Ashgrove, Brisbane is deep tissue massage. You will get into a deep state of relaxation after receiving it. Deep tissue massage targets connective tissue which comprises of the muscles and the fascia. It is aimed at releasing chronic muscle tension. Deep tissue massage Ashgrove specialists use is quite popular. This is possibly because many people have realized the remarkable benefits of this type of massage. If you are also thinking about the benefits of deep tissue massage Ashgrove has to offer, there a few things you need to know before you book your first appointment.
What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage Ashgrove spas have to offer is aimed at one thing – realigning connective tissues and the deeper layers of muscles. The term “deep” indicates that strong pressure is applied to reach the deep sub-layers of muscles. Due to this, part of the treatment can be a little painful and uncomfortable which requires you to have enough level of pain tolerance. The therapy might include the use of forearms, elbows, fists and knuckles. Deep tissue treatments are usually slower than other types of massage to allow the therapist enough time to pick up information from your tissues.
How it Works
Deep tissue massage is highly recommended under several medical conditions such as muscle tension, sciatica, muscle injury, osteoarthritis and chronic pain. Generally, these conditions will cause reduced blood flow to the affected area and consequently, inefficient removal of waste products. This results to hardening of soft tissues. Deep tissue massage works on these tissues by separating them again and encouraging efficient circulation of blood in the affected area. A good therapist will advise you to have a Brisbane hot stone massage together with the deep tissue therapy. This is because hot stones help relax muscles and allows easy access to the deep tissue muscle layers.
Deep Tissue Massage Techniques
There are two common and advanced deep tissue techniques:
- Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) – It is aimed at establishing a balance between the central nervous system (nerves, spine, and brain) and the muscles, joints, ligaments, and tendons through specific techniques.
- Myofascial Release – Focuses on lengthening and stretching connecting tissues that cover parts of the internal structures including organs, muscles, and bones.
If you have a scar tissue, deep pressure might cause some pain. Scars are bound up connective tissues which appear during the healing process of an injury. If you have a large scar, you should get a deep tissue massage to break up the dense nature of the scar.
Tips for Before and After Care
- Don’t take a heavy meal before the massage.
- If it’s your first appointment, arrive 15mins ahead of time to fill up necessary forms and relax well before the therapy begins.
- Apply ice on painful areas after the massage.
- Drink water after the massage to flush toxins released from the muscles.
- Stretch out to prevent muscle aches but avoid strenuous activities after the massage.
So, when set an appointment for your next Brisbane facial therapy in your favorite spa, you might want to consider the best Brisbane relaxation massage – Deep tissue therapy. For more information visit at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manual_therapy.